October 11, 2010

Varmint Watch


 This is a not-to-scale drawing of the trees in our neighborhood all summer long.  The orange lumps are bad-tempered squirrels.  Those little scumbags would cheep and click at the dogs every time they saw one. Yes, I know it's a mystic spiritual animal communication system; but I also know there aren't enough predators in my neighborhood for the number of varmints.
 
Therefore, this weekend there was a huge squirrel roundup, with professional critter wranglers stalking the grounds and roofs, installing cages and gathering up hundreds of squirrels, as well as assorted possums and chipmunks, all of which had taken to traveling in packs and shouting insults at the community dogs. We believe they all now live on a beautiful farm out in the country.  I'm cheering for the feral cats' side.

I can't believe I went to all the trouble of creating an authentic and also realistic drawing (except for the squirrels being orange).  One day you're blogging and the next day you're putting yourself out for other people who aren't visual enough to catch images on their own.

No comments: