September 11, 2009

The postal service

If anybody tried to contact me using the postal service in July and got mail returned stamped "We never heard of this person and think either she doesn't exist or is an alien purporting to be human" -- rest assured that I do indeed live where I've lived for two years.

I adore the post office, but their deciding twice in an eight-month period (back in December and January they returned a bunch of my mail) that I don't live where I do live is unsettling. What if I really did have the Publisher's Clearing House winning number? Or what if I actually lost faith in the ability of the USPS to deliver mail?

The worst part is that I never know this is happening when it's happening. I find out a month or two later when the damage has been done... Heaven only knows what magazines, catalogs, and advertisements I missed.

No comments: