May 17, 2012

The Art of the Flower Garden

What do Pink Giggles, Bowl of Cream, Petite Elegance, and Sunburst have in common?  They're all varieties of peony.

I went a little overboard with the photos I took at the Peony Festival at Whitehall House & Gardens, which is part of the Historic Homes Foundation.  I took over 500 photos, which I've reduced now to a modest collection of 347, not counting the ones that I cropped. They aren't all peonies; I also have more iris and some hosta and a cat which seemed to live there and even the front of Whitehall and an outbuilding or two to show off.  This first group of photos is all peonies, though.

(Note:  The second set will have more flowers that are actually in bloom, the way we all like seeing them, but I was taken with the range of names and so wanted to share them.)
Petite Elegance

Pink Giggles

Coral and Gold

Coral and Gold close-up

Pink Kisses

Old Faithful

Sunburst

White Grace

Bowl of Cream


Stay tuned for updates in the coming days, or perhaps weeks, given the 347 photos, plus cropped photos . . .   You are going to love seeing these beauties as much as I did.

No comments: