January 18, 2011

Fibonacci Poetry365 . 16

Dreams Like That

1   My
1   grandson
2   was in
3   first grade when
5   he learned about The Reverend
8   Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr., Day.  After school,
13  he told his mother, who asked (although she already knew) why the day
21 is celebrated.  Devin said it's because Dr. King dreamed about a day when boys and girls all over the world could
34  play together, adding "No wonder he gets a day. I NEVER  have dreams like that."  In spite of stony roads and high mountains, justice breaks forth like a roaring flood. Let's all dream harder.
                                                                                by Mary Cartledgehayes

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love it when you write about me but I love it more when you write about one of the boys.