May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


My sweet sister-in-law took the great-grandchildren to see my mother, Belle Cartledge, yesterday.  She and Brody look like twins with those huge grins and big blue eyes.  I adore this photo of them.

And here are Ryleigh, Mom, and Brody.  I'm tickled that Ryleigh is giggling for the camera.  She's totally precious with that curly red hair -- one of my all-time favorite munchkins!  (If you click on this photo to enlarge it, you can see Mother's beautiful manicure.  She was always quite particular about her nails, hair, and appearance, so it's a pleasure to see her enjoying the small luxuries.  My Aunt Mary was ten when Mom joined Daddy in England after the war, and she's told me how as a little girl the sight of Mother's shoes -- high heels in various colors -- were such a wonder to her.)  Yep, that's my mother; stylin' and profilin'.

No comments: