December 22, 2008

A Sonnet a Day

If you've been feeling short on sonnets lately, I've got a new supply -- and supplier -- for you. Somebody once told this fellow to write a sonnet a day for a year. The reason? Nobody can write 365 bad sonnets in a row. And so he began. You can read the first sonnet, today's sonnet, a random sonnet, or click through to read them in chronological order first to most recent.**

I found out about this from a link on my new best friend's blog. Re-read is in Australia, where she makes totally cool brooches.

**Oops! I clicked through to be sure the link worked. It does, but it's to a different sonnet-a-day blog! How cool is that? I thought it was a wonder to locate one, and now we have access to two blogs with daily poetry. Enjoy. And don't forget to check out the sonnet project.

No comments: