September 11, 2008

Stop me before I blog again

I've been thinking about it for a month now, and I've done it. I've started yet another blog to go with this blog, my daily art blog, my art documentation blog, and my haven't-posted-anything-on-it-in-months blog. This time I used wordpress. Not because of any problems with blogger, but because I was curious. How is it different? Is it easier to use? Which is more effective?

I can't answer the questions, or at least I can't answer them yet. Blogger now offers me the comfort of familiarity. Setting up a blog on wordpress, even though it only took a few minutes, had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. It's nothing but discomfort with the unfamiliar, but that's a significant discomfort to many people.

The new blog has only one post so far, so you don't need to rush over there. Take your time. Give me a few days to collect my notes and start putting order into the topics I'll address. The title is Stop them before they kill again. The blog is about non-native invasive species in the United States. I don't have a background in science or environmentalism, but I'm an informed citizen, and this topic strikes me as vital.

The commodity of the day is green. Marketers have hit on it as the new way to sell their products. But going green is only part of the equation. Ripping out the oriental bittersweet in parks and replacing that bluegrass lawn of yours with native species is another part. Thus a whole 'nother blog in a whole 'nother place.

No comments: