September 9, 2008

It's Only a Book continues

31. He likes it! Charlie likes it! 4 x 6. Paper, fabric, cardstock.

Over on my It's Only a Book blog, I'm doing a daily art posting. I'm deconstructing my 2003 book, Grace: A Memoir -- literally. I'm ripping the book to shreds and turning it into small art pieces to toss out into the universe. The piece you see is going in the mail today to my younger brother, Charlie. The Grace text tells about how my sister and I used to tie a thin rope around her bicycle seat, loop it around the handle of Charlie's perambulator (with him in it), tie it around my bicycle seat, and take him for rides.

Mother didn't learn about it until years later (and not from us), and she still gets mad every time she thinks of it. What can I say in our defense? Well, we were on the island and there was no -- no, none, zero, zilch -- traffic, so nobody was in danger. Besides, he liked it. Charlie liked it.

Head on over to It's Only a Book to find out how you can be part of this project.

No comments: