August 4, 2008

Home Decor

I happened upon a Better Homes& Garden magazine this morning -- the May 2008 issue, I think it was -- with an interesting take on decorating with books. One homeowner thought the spines of books looked sloppy, so she turned all of the spines to the wall.

It didn't look tidy to me. It just looked dumb. I tried to convince myself that the homeowner was able to recognize each book by its shape, but it didn't work. Turning spines to the wall is not the act of a person who cares about books. She might as well use her bookshelves for canned vegetables.

People can decorate any way they choose, but I'm surprised that a decorating magazine would justify such a silly idea by publishing a photo of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great!! I too have one or two magazines on home decoration & improvement.