July 15, 2008

Big Questions mail art

I sent these two pieces to wackystuff in Canada for his Big Questions mail art event. I actually think I sent a third, but it's not showing up in my list of scans.

The interesting thing about the Big Questions theme is that once I came up with the first question, more and more questions erupted. I suppose this is why our parents all urged us to ask questions about everything, because the more questions you ask the more capacity you have to ask questions. Not a bad mindset when your government seems to be in the business of truncating conversation before it begins.

The second postcard is made up of savings coupons cut from magazines, newspapers, junk mail, etc. It feels like a fun and effective way to use some of the useless material that comes through the front door.



No comments: