October 26, 2012

No Fish Guts




I've been over at zazzle making Christmas ornaments that show off the Lake Erie islands - but I couldn't resist showing this aspect of island life.  If you live on any coast anywhere in the world, you know that fish carcasses and entrails and bones rank with the smelliest substances on earth. Also, dogs love to roll in them.  Imagine owning a cottage or beach house that you rent out and, every week of your life during the summer season, having to rid your refrigerators and garbage cans of the smell of long-dead fish.

As a slogan, it doesn't set the world on fire, but when I saw this garbage can this summer I knew I needed a photo of it.

5 comments:

Larissa T. said...

Oh goodness! I had never thought of having to write that down on trash cans. ..

Mary Cartledgehayes said...

Different customs in different areas! xo Mary

Winnie said...

This made me chuckle. My late hubby and I would fish every weekend (we had a boat) and yes, they had boards nailed to help people when they got to shore to clean the fish etc.. These weren't just the ones that wash ashore..ugh..

Mary Cartledgehayes said...

Winnie, I'm glad it made you chuckle. People who spend time fishing know a few things other people don't! xo Mary

Susan said...

Well, being a vegetarian, I've never experienced fish guts...and hope I never do after your colorful description:-D