September 14, 2012

The Good Folk Fest - you can play, too!


I don't often post mail art calls on this blog, but the Good Folk Fest is something special.  I'm sharing a booth there this year with two wonderful fiber artists; and after seeing my application, in which I mentioned mail art, the organizer said there are several great locations for displaying mail art, and did I think we could get enough pieces by November 1 to hold an exhibit.

I said, "Yes."

So here's your chance.  Whether you've been tossing art into the mail for years or this is a whole new concept for you, come on in and play.  The water's fine.


The Good Folk Fest celebrates raw creative energy - and we want mail art!

Theme: Crafty

Deadline: Oct. 30 
Public exhibit: The Kentucky Center for African American Heritage, 1701 W.Muhammad Ali Blvd., Louisville KY 40203 USA
Exhibit dates: Nov. 2-4, 2012
Mail to: Good Folk Fest, 2020 East Oak St., New Albany, IN 47150 USA
The mail art, as well as installed images and crowd reactions, will be posted on-line after the event.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I would love to be a part and hope I can get something off to you. What a great event you're putting together--wish I was near by to see it. XOXO

Mary Cartledgehayes said...

Thanks, Susan! I think it will be a spiffy event and am really pleased that we're including mail art!